Microfictions, Week 9: Red Horse and War

Preface:


If you haven't already, you should check out the previous installments in the series: 

Part 1:
White Horse and Pestilence  



Red Horse:

As Eren rode into town, an eerie red light enveloped the village. The blood-red sky cloaked the innocent villagers, but that wasn't the only effect she saw. People were irrationally angry with each other, screaming over things that seemed objectively minute. As Eren rode in closer, she noticed that the militia had been assembled. She asked the captain why the group was assembled. 

"We're sick and tired of the village over stealing all of our food! We're going to march over and demand that they give it back!" he yelled in a rather uncouth manner. It seemed as though this night was far from over. War was here.

War:

Blood red light shone ever bright and true

It was then that she knew just what to do

Author's Note:

I thought that it would be really cool to do a series on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, so I decided to make this a four part series, and I started with Pestilence, the Rider of the White Horse. The next one in the cycle is War, the Rider of the Red Horse. I decided to write the first story as a 100 word story, and then the second as a more traditional couplet (in iambic pentameter). 


(Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - Image Credit: Boris Vallejo - Flickr)

Comments

  1. Hi Chris,
    I enjoyed reading your short story as I read the name Eren and was wondering if that came from an anime show called "Attack on Titan." If that is not what you were referring to then I recommend that you watch it even if you don't watch anime! It's about a town terrorized by big human eating titans and I think you could get a lot of story ideas out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris.
    I liked this micro a lot. It has been something I have been trying out this semester a little bit so I enjoy reading other peoples versions. Your shorter one was a nice use of words and really appealed to me. Keep up the good work and have a good semester.
    Philip Crowley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris I have read a couple of your microfictions and just like the others this one is fantastic! It is so great how you can make such a detailed story with such few words! I also recommend the anime attack on titan by the way! The first comment who recommended it was right it is such a great anime and I think you would enjoy it! There are some pretty dope characters in it! Eren can be someone you have to get use to but he is pretty strong! Great job and hope your semester is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris,
    I really enjoyed reading your story, I think you did a great job on it. I have read some of your micro fictions and they are all super well written. I like how you decided to make this a four part series. That is definitely a way I would like to write one of my stories. I really enjoy the four part, it's awesome and definitely a way everyone should try to write at least one of theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Chris, I really enjoyed the idea of writing a 100-word story and a short couplet. Even though the stories were short, it had a strong meaning behind it. Overall it was a great piece of work. I will do another round of comments, so I could possibly end up right back here. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello again Chris, I told you I would return. I was wondering what the inspiration was behind your stories? What made you decide to use short stories and couplets to make your point across. This was a really creative way of showing your writing skills. I would like to see more of this great work. I have yet to read a short story or couplet with such strong meaning as yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Week #5 Story: Rama Goes to Therapy