Feedback Strategies: Week 3

 Feedback Strategies: Part 3


Feedforward, not Feedback

How to Give Bad Feedback Without being a Jerk


I read the articles listed above and had some interesting thoughts generated as a result. 

The "giving feedback without sounding like a jerk" article was interesting. The concepts within about leveling yourself on the same level as of who you're giving feedback to is good. I also like it framed from the aspect of "I've received this such feedback and it helped me". Also, avoiding compliment sandwiches for the reasons spelled out in the article was an interesting concept. Usually I find it nice to hear positive feedback but I guess it can come off as insincere if you're not careful about the wording.

As far as the feedforward article, I thought that it made a good point in terms of we should give criticism that focuses on the future and not the past. At first and still to an extent, this seems like a bit of a silly oversimplification to me. The future doesn't exist without the concept of the past. Any criticism phrased as "try X this way in the future" can be interpreted as "you didn't do X this way in the past". That said, I'd like to offer a retooling of the concept. Acknowledge what happened in the past, and acknowledge that you can't change it. Learn from what you did do and focus on the future ahead of you. Be like a shark. Sharks have to swim forward or they drown.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(image - shark - image credit - christels on Pixabay)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Week #5 Story: Rama Goes to Therapy