Laramie, WY

 

A particular place that I have always felt drawn to is Laramie, WY. A lot of my family is from here, so we go out to visit them frequently. The climate and scenery have always been a nice contrast to hot and flat Oklahoma. The mountains in this area have always been a place of peace and calm for me. Peace and calm are rare these days, so it's times like this when I miss Laramie all the more. Particularly, Medicine Bow Park is a great source of scenery and fresh air. The view from the top is just simply majestic, and it's well worth the effort. Downtown Laramie by itself has its own charm as the state's college town, but the nature in and around Laramie has always been one of my favorite parts of the trek.


(image: Medicine Bow Park near Laramie, WY 

photo by: Photomnt)

credits: Goodfree Photos 

Comments

  1. Oh, this is great, Chris! My husband will be excited to hear that Laramie showed up as a favorite place; he lives there back in the 1970s and he still misses it (he reads the Boomerang link online, which means he's always telling me about the weather in Laramie, etc. ha ha). So, be warned: you might still be missing Laramie decades later! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Week #5 Story: Rama Goes to Therapy