Project Topic Research: Hanuman

Project: Storybook Topic Research:




Damaru


Indian Folk Music

Carnatic Music


Anuja Kamat - Introductory Episode

Anuja Kamat - TEDxPanaji


I was really trying to find a way to create storybook entries out of the music researcher. The music theorist in me really wants to develop a multi-cultural Music Theory Curriculum that incorporates Indian music and demonstrates the parallels between the two (hence the Anuja Kamat video links). 


However, for pure story book options, my immediate thoughts evidently drifted towards Hanuman (which I suppose blends my suggested topics of Shiva and Music, right?) For story book options, I considered the following: 

Hanuman, as a child, Reaches for the Sun Thinking it is a Fruit

    (when I read this, it feels like parallel to the myth of Daedalus and Icarus)

Hanuman, the Warleader, as he is sent bu Sugriva on a rescue mission to find Sita 

    (in Part C or D of the Ramayana, I guess? I haven't read that far yet...)

Nataraja, Lord of the Dance, Who Plays the Damaru


Still trying to brainstorm big umbrella ideas (maybe incarnations of Shiva?) as well as refine smaller topics... I'll probably send you an email soon asking some questions. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

(Hanuman Mistakes the Sun for a Fruit - image credits - BSP Pratinidhi)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Week #5 Story: Rama Goes to Therapy